People who are most at risk from the complications of COVID-19 are currently being offered the COVID-19 vaccination. The vaccination is a simple, safe, and effective way of protecting people against COVID-19 before they come into actual contact with the virus.
When it is your time to have the COVID-19 vaccine, you will be contacted by either text message or letter inviting you to book your appointment. There are two options to book your COVID-19 vaccination; either through the Salford NHS Vaccination Service or the national booking system. To find out when you are eligible for the vaccine, and for the details of walk-in clincis, go to www.salfordccg.nhs.uk/covid-vaccine.
Please do not contact your GP. GP practices in Salford are not involved in the appointment booking system.
The national booking system has now opened vaccination appointments for people over 36. If this is you, you can book your appointment (likely to be at the Greater Manchester vaccination centre based at the Ethihad campus).
Attendance for the COVID-19 vaccine is considered as essential travel and is exempt from lockdown restrictions.
The first dose of both the Pfizer/BioNTech and Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine offer good levels of protection, but to get maximum protection from COVID-19, everyone will need to get a second dose. We are therefore urging people to come forward for their second dose of the vaccine when they are contacted or if they have an appointment booked.
Here’s what you need to know about second doses:
- If you have had your first dose through the Salford vaccination service, you will be contacted by either text message or letter with an appointment for your second dose.
- Please do all you can to attend the appointment you have been given. However, if it’s not possible, call 0800 953 0116 to rearrange. Please note: the vaccination telephone booking centre line is open Monday – Friday 8:30am – 6pm and Saturdays 9am – 1pm.
- You cannot book your second appointment through the online booking system, this is for first dose appointments only.
- If you have not been contacted by the end of ‘Week 8’, call 0161 983 0593
- Please be patient when contacting the call centre. It is extremely busy so you may have to wait on hold or call back, but you will get through eventually.
- Please do not contact your GP. GP practices in Salford are not involved in the appointment booking system and will only tell you to ring the call centre.
- Please do not contact your GP practice, hospital, other NHS organisations or Spirit of Salford helpline regarding the COVID-19 vaccine. You will be contacted directly as soon as you become eligible
- Please book your appointment online or via the telephone booking centre as soon as you receive your invitation
- Please do not attempt to book an appointment before you are eligible
- Please attend all booked appointments. If you become unable to attend an appointment, please call 0800 953 0116 to re-arrange and allow someone else to use the slot instead.
- Please cascade this information to friends, family, neighbours and colleagues
- Continue to abide by hands, face, space guidance, which will still save lives.
Click here for Covid Vaccine information in alternative languages.
All information regarding the Covid 19 Vaccination programme in Salford can be found by Clicking HERE
COVID – 19 VACCINATION AND BLOOD CLOTTING
The UK vaccination programme has been very successful with more than 34 million people vaccinated and more than 10,000 lives already saved.
This leaflet is designed to help you make an informed decision about vaccination.